Are you finding the reasons behind getting the awkward problem which is called constipation? Constipation is something that we all have gone through at some point of time but, usually we feel very awkward to discuss about it right? I think this is something that you have to share with your doctor for better treatment. Because if you leave this condition untreated, it can cause many stomach related problems. Constipation is described as having fewer bowel movements than normal. It is a treatable condition but the million dollar question is why anyone has to suffer from this condition? We will discuss about it later, first I am going to tell you some unknown facts about this condition. You all know that constipation is the common problem among all but, it is more common in United States. According to studies there are so many people who have a problem of frequent constipation. Constipation is one of the most common gastrointestinal problems which affect almost 42 million people in United States. It’s in the reports that there are few people who are most often to get this condition: women and older people. According to studies there are few people who are more likely to become constipated:
- Women during pregnancy or after delivery
- Older adults
- People who just had a surgery
- People who are taking certain types of medicines
As I mentioned above this is not a life threatening condition but it can cause certain types of conditions (hemorrhoids, anal fissures, rectal prolapse and fecal impaction) if you leave this condition untreated. What do you think about olive oil for constipation? I know this is little bit difficult for you to answer because there are very few people who are aware about the benefits of using this oil. A recent study shows that 14 percent of India’s urban population was found to be suffering from chronic constipation. People, who are suffering from this condition experience irritation, lack of interest in work, mood swings, worry and embarrassment. They can also experience abdominal swelling, nausea, and weight-loss or in severe cases vomiting. Actually there are many reasons by which anyone can become constipated and some of them;
Causes of Constipation
- Eating unhealthy foods more than normal
- Lack of fluids
- Lack of exercise
- Certain types of medications
Olive oil for constipation is the best way to cure constipation. Want to know why I am saying olive oil for constipation is good option? I am saying this because this is an amazing oil by which you can not only cure this condition but also many other conditions. Before you try olive oil for constipation, let’s gain some information about the uses and benefits of this oil.
- Helps to release more bile (our natural laxative) – The consumption of olive oil helps the gallbladder to release more bile which helps to digest the fat in the food properly.
- Reduces dilation in the intestine- If you consume this oil, it will reduce the swelling, irritation and bloating of the intestine. This process relaxes the intestine and allows the stool to pass smoothly.
- Stimulate the digestive system- Olive oil stimulates the digestive track which helps you to digest the food properly. Proper digestion of food means you will have smooth and regular bowel movements.
How to Use Olive for Constipation?
This is one of the best and easiest treatment options which you can do to cure this condition. All you need to do is, consume 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil in the morning on an empty stomach. Do not drink water for 1 hour after taking this oil.